Monday, July 11, 2011

Messy Spaghetti!

Yummmmm, aren't the messiest foods the funniest to give babies? How does spaghetti get in her hair, her ear, and her diaper all within 20 minutes?

We've taken the leap to table foods and there is no looking back, baby girl loves spaghetti, macaroni, cottage cheese, yogurt, grilled chicken, potatoes, you name it she'll devour it! Every stage is fun and new and I can't explain how my heart swells watching this little bug discover her world.

This is my favorite baby.Well, I don't mean Sophie is (although she is my favorite, duh). This is early morning, messy face, goofy hair, barefoot, only wearing a onesie and a diaper Sophie. And she is my favorite. She looks up at me with that big cheesy grin and I need to scoop my heart up off the ground. She babbles about turtle-durdles and giggles at the wall. And she's my sweet baby bug, and I couldn't be more in love.

I love our quiet mornings together, it won't be too long until she's sleeping until noon and going out with her friends and thinking I'm a total idiot just because I'm the mom. For now, we giggle together and stack blocks and play patty-cake. Can't she stay small forever?

1 comment: