Sorry for the little posting break from blogging, I blame state assessments and general stress. Not that there's anything stressful about moving in 3 months, nobody looking at our house, no place to live in Manhattan yet, no job for me, no financial aid secured for Tim, and I ran out of diet coke yesterday. Are those things stressful??
Oh, and this makes me smile today: the Pioneer Woman is getting her own cooking show on Food Network! I LOVE her! I may consider getting cable again just to watch it.......
Sophie is growing and changing and becoming more and more awesome every day!
She sits totally unsupported now, which is just cute; she's like a little person now instead of just a baby. My aunt bought her this ridiculously adorable chair with her name on it, and she loves loves loves sitting on it and watching the world. She also will sit in front of a mirror for about 30 minutes playing with her reflection. Cheapest babysitter I can find!

Her official 6 month pics are back and they are SOOOO beautiful. I honestly cried happy tears a little because they just captured her so perfectly. Hop on over to
On the Wall Photography and look at the blog to see my little beautiful girl. More pics to come soon!
6 months came and went, we gave her some cake to celebrate. Just kidding, she got a tub of sweet potatoes instead. I'm pretty sure she thinks about them the same way I think about cake! Her hands shake, and she kicks her feet, she smiles and opens her mouth SUPER big. If you've ever eaten cake with me, you'd see the resemblance.

She is DESTROYING food now, and she loves (almost) everything we give her! Green beans, avocado, sweet potato, squash, oatmeal, apples, and pears! We crossed apple juice and peas off the list, those are NOT delicious according to her.

She's such a happy baby, and being a mommy is just.....divine. I was designed to do this. I'm FAR from perfect, and my patience needs some more work, but the joy and purpose this girlie girl gives me....its better than Standard of Excellence in BOTH reading and math (teacher friends, you know how life-changing THAT can be). I'm already looking forward to growing our family more.....ok not THIS MONTH, but sooner rather than later!
Wish you could just stay home when you get to Manhattan? I was a better mom for getting out, but seems like you could enjoy just being a mom and be a teacher down the road!
ReplyDeleteLove, Love, Love that little face! I'm going to miss you right across the hall from me so much!!!!!! All things will fall into place and you will wonder what the stress was all about....soon!! (that is me kicking it into gear for ya!ha!)
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Spring